Those are the historical words of a friend who wants a cake for her daughter's birthday. It has to be in the shape of a plane because her daughter's boyfriend is getting his pilot license.
"Are you serious", I said (meanwhile quickly thinking of how to make it). "Yes", she said.
"But J., you want the whole cake to be in the shape of a plane", I said confused. I've never done that"
"And?", she said as if she does not see the problem? "You can do that. If you can make a pinup girl (referring to one of my cakes with a small (!) pinup figure on top) you can make a plane".
Well sure ... that makes sense.
She is so funny that friend of mine. Always a laugh with her.
She knows I actually don't do cakes with a theme. Not by carving anyway. I've never made a carved cake before and now she wants me to make a plane out of a cake for god sakes. Decorating J., that's more my cup of tea. You know that. But she was serious and determined to have it made. By me.
J. thanks for the confidence. Shall I make an exception for you then and make this cake? Let's give it a try. First thing to do is to find some pictures of a Cessna.
I will keep you posted.
Post Note:
Unfortunately there is no reason to make the cake anymore. After seven years the young people the cake was for have decided each to go their own way. Too bad. I wish them all the luck.
1 comment:
Thanks L! I know you can do it!
If it works out, can my picture with the plane come on your site?
Love J.
Post a Comment