
Inspired by one of her favorite designers, Betsey Johnson (especially the jewellery), my daughter came up with a design for her birthday cake. I "only" had to make it. Well that was easier said than done. She explained how she wanted the cake to look like. She even made a drawing.
She exactly knew how and in what colors the cake had to be that daughter of mine. Blue, white and pink with roses, drapes, diagonal stripes and a chain with her name on it.
The chain was a magnificant idea. I find it brilliant. The stripes worried me though. It had to be equally spread ofcourse. Straight lines wouldn't have been a problem, but diagonal, how do I do that?
Well , it took me some time to figure that out but I managed and I think (and now I quote a comment on the cake) "the combined effort works very well".
Too bad she's not into cakes. She only likes to eat them not to make them. When I say she will inherit my precious and (some of them) expensive cake books she teases me by saying she will put them ....... for sale ...... on Ebay!
Ebay. Ebay?!!!! My heart hurts. Ofcourse I'll never speak to her again!
Laureen

No comments:
Post a Comment