Saturday, 14 August 2010

For the love of Cake

Safety helmet and police car cake - my second and third 3d-cake

I'm beginning to like making 3D cakes! 
The safety helmet was my 2nd 3D cake and made as a safety award for a company. I used a real helmet as an example. The customer's reaction: cool!!

         

  
 My third 3D cake    
                                             .

To know how to execute the car cake I have pictures made of the toy. The pictures were taken by the proud grandfather who also ordered the cake for his little grandson's birthday.
The measurements weren't clear so I had to guess. I was happy with the result and so was the grandfather. Still waiting for the grandson's reaction though ....................

3D cakes are time-consuming to make, no need to explain that. It took me about 10 hours to make the helmet and about 18 hrs to make the police car. This includes baking, sculpting and decorating.

All for the love of  cake.

No comments: