Sunday, 23 October 2011

Burlesque


A seductive costume cake .



Do the Can Can if you can.

The cake is made for my daughter's birthday.
She wanted the cake executed in the colors red, white and black.
To get the height of the cake right I hade to bake 2 cakes for the bottom tier and 2x2 cakes for the top tier (I used 3 out of the 4). So it was quite a baking to accomplish.
The bottom tier is a vanilla cake for which I used a little oil and a bit of vinegar. It's filled with lemon curd to give it a bit of a fresh bite. The cake taste delicious. Honestly. The top tier is a chocolate cake with a twist of bourbon and taste like heaven on earth. I know, I know, but really I'm not exaggerating.


Both cakes are firm and moist. Just right for this time of the year and as I just mentioned: they're both delicious.

(BTW: The hat is not edible)

De taart is gemaakt voor mijn dochter's verjaardag. Het moest worden uitgevoerd in de kleuren rood-wit en zwart. Om de juiste hoogte voor de taart te krijgen heb ik 2 taarten gebakken voor de onderste laag en 2x2 taarten voor de bovenste (hiervan heb ik er 3 gebruikt). Het was dus heel wat taarten om te bakken.

De onderste taat is een vanille taart gemaakt met een beetje olie en azijn en is gevuld met lemon curd voor een frisse bite. De taart is heeeeerlijk. Echt waar.
De bovenste taart is een choclade cake met een scheutje whisky en smaakt hemels. Ik weet het, ik weet het, maar het is echt niet overdreven.

Beide taarten zijn stevige maar smeuiige taarten. Zeer geschikt voor deze tijd van het jaar.
En zoals ik net al meldde: ze zijn beiden overheerlijk!

(PS: de hoed is niet eetbaar)

The backside



No comments: