Sunday, 1 November 2009

Gracia Lace




When I was asked to make a wedding cake I was excited. There was no restriction except for the color. It had to have the same color as the wedding dress: off-white. The rest was up to me. I would have chosen the color myself. For what I had in mind, it was perfect. Now I got the change to make the cake I wanted to make for a long time. A cake decorated with "lace". You can imagine my excitement.
I decided to use petal shaped pans which I think was a good choice. I filled the cake with 2 layers of vanilla BC and one layer of marmelade. Then I made and applied the decoration. All easier said than done. It took me quite some time to finish it.

The cake was given to the couple by the bride's sister. She loved the cake so much she did not leave a crumb and even scraped and ate the marzipan from the board, or so she told me.
I laughed when I heard that. She said she could taste the love I have for cake decorating. Isn't that sweet?
Laureen

Post note (aug 2011): 
Proud that the cake is mentioned in the blog of "The Belle Magazine Wedding Blog"
http://bellethemagazine.blogspot.com/2011/06/wedding-trends-lace-cakes.html

No comments: