Saturday, 9 April 2011

High Tea Party - part II


The High Tea Party was a great success. The girls arrived one by one and were welcomed with a glass of champagne and delicious snacks of salmon and eggs filled with a mixture of  egg and sandwich spread.

We enjoyed the first sunny day of this year in the garden talking, gossiping and sipping champagne. After a while I decided to call them inside where I had prepared everything.
    
For the table setting I used dishes in different kind of styles, which mixed and matched very well.  The table was filled with amaretto-, pina colada- and chocolate cupcakes, petit fours, chocolates, chocolate cake, sausages, cheese snacks, pecan cookies, 2 kind of scones, jam, clotted cream  and different kinds of tea. Except for the sausages. cheese snacks and chocolates, all prepared by yours truly. I spent many hours in the kitchen to get it done, you really have to like it to do it.


It was all too much, however the ladies enjoyed every bit(e) of it. We didn't make it to the sandwiches though because we were all stuffed with all the delicacies.



It was fun spending time talking and eating with the girls and a day certainly worth repeating.



Laureen

No comments: