As I don't know how to manage it with my regular job, I decided to take some days off. Well 2 weeks actually. I still have quite some holidays left and I'm now able to go on leave, thus I took 1 week for the cakes and 1 week to go to a sunny place to recover from a busy year.
The wedding cake will be the same as the "Paris" cake, a black and white wedding cake I made before.
This time the decoration, such as the roses, has to be executed in the same red color as the wedding dress. The bride gave me a piece of fabric of her wedding gown to get the color as closely as possible.
Next will be the birthday cake with cupcakes for 50 people. This cake will be made for a young man turning thirty. There will be a small cake and 50 cupcakes that go with the cake. Still figuring out how to execute it though.
There's plenty to do, starting to make a "to do" list : check if I've got everything I need - when to make the roses and how many - when to make and assemble the wedding cake - arrange help to transport the cake to the venue and when and how to execute the cake with the matching cupcakes.
Hope I won't forget a thing. Better to get my butt off my chair and get started.
There's plenty to do, starting to make a "to do" list : check if I've got everything I need - when to make the roses and how many - when to make and assemble the wedding cake - arrange help to transport the cake to the venue and when and how to execute the cake with the matching cupcakes.
Hope I won't forget a thing. Better to get my butt off my chair and get started.

No comments:
Post a Comment